Breakaway

I am from no small town. I didn't go from a cocktail waitress to a well-known songbird. I am not even Kelly Clarkson's biggest fan. But these words somehow make so much sense to me.
There comes a time when one needs to make changes for the better.Try something that's very unlike what one would usually do.Surprise others by doing something no-one would ever think you would do.
Taking chances, making wishes, making changes are all new territories for me. I am quite predictable, cautious and yet I am adventurous.( don't ask ME, I've been trying to figure this out for a LONG time!!)
These days even when I try out a new flavour of icecream, or wear something totally unlike me, it liberates me.I love to see people react and say, "hey, what's happened to YOU?"
"you NEVER do that!!"
"you NEVER wear that!!"
"THAT isn't your style!!"
(it does get weird when I tell myself these things sometimes!)

Don't you just love the words,"SO, WHAT?"

So, you know what? I'm taking that leap. I'm doing it afraid.I'm facing it head-on.
Sink or swim, I'm diving in.

I should really get some sleep before this starts making sense to me.

12 Responses to “Breakaway”

  1. # Blogger Vignesh

    Hmmm... yeah... I guess at your age you can always take chances like that ;)

    Anyways, thats what life is all about na ? Taking chances ! At some point turning around and going, so what ? Its nice to do that, once in a while !

    Im sleepy... will think up more stuff to say tomorrow ;)  

  2. # Blogger Jax

    I am with you on this one Angel! You should break the mould others have created for you. Try out new things while you are still young and reckless and impressionable and energetic!

    Btw, what ARE you doing? :)  

  3. # Blogger liz

    ang what are up to ?  

  4. # Blogger liz

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.  

  5. # Blogger L . Hyena, The

    hmm...change is a two edged thing...but ill give you this, YOU should be the only person who gets to decide the way the world sees ya...good to see more profound stuff on yer spot..lol...

    L. Hyena
    On vacation

    PS: Hope yer not so young and imressionable that you get influenced by whatever the hell it is that I have to say...  

  6. # Blogger Shrutz

    I am on fire..... yeeks! That SO makes sense! NOT
    Love the spoof they had
    SO WHAT? I love what I am.... :D Crazy as I am!
    And you too babes!
    Shrutz  

  7. # Blogger Angel

    @Vig:thats right, grandpa!
    sleepy or just dreamy?? ;;)

    @Jax:Well, I'm not talking about anything in specific...just this realisation that's become all too clear to me now.
    man! deep stuff!

    @Liz: Nothing that will embarrass the family in any way, precious!

    @Hyena:yes, thanks for the insight.I(and only I) shall decide if I let your words influence me. ;)

    @Shrutz: crazy, crazy, crazy, thats US, alright!!

    here's a tip:whenever u see a video with 5 guys wearing the same colour in different styles, RUN!!!!  

  8. # Blogger That Girl

    sigh.. i so totally relate to this.. i have always been so cautious myself.. and lately i have just found that allowing myelf to be liberated is just so ....different.. as if im living in a different world.. being allowed to live all over again.. new...its wonderful!! you go girl!!  

  9. # Blogger Angel

    @Grrl: Glad u get me!!

    @Arch storm:HELL yeah!! I mean, yes I do. ;;)

    @Swaroop: Come to you for advice?? ;)  

  10. # Blogger Oneirodynic

    Initially,people feel different when they do 'different' things.But you know what?You are not being different,you are trying to be yourself whereas the society is trying desperately to be different.Once all different people learn to be themselves,we will have a better world.And *THEN*,India will win the world cup.  

  11. # Blogger Angel

    @vishnu: being myself.right.ok. ;))
    world cup.it's gonna take THAT and just a LITTLE good old hitting that ball!!!  

  12. # Blogger Angel

    Sure is ;)  

Post a Comment



Profound Gibberish © Angel


People come here?