Soulmate tag, Angel style

Shrutz and I had a conversation once about characteristics we would like in our soulmates...and we came up with quite a list...mostly because I'm a list freak, and it kind of rubbed off on her.

After a while, here's what happened:

me: how many frogs will need to be kissed before THAT guy shows up!
shrutz: *sigh* millions

a little later:

shrutz: funny thing is, the guy who might satisfy all this will be looking for
shrutz: tall beautiful fair convent educated HOMELY girl

So, there you have it, people. Two cynical, single girls doing the standard 'the one' talk.
But of course, at the end of that conversation we agreed that no-one can be judged as a worthy or unworthy companion on the basis of a checklist.

Which is why I kind of twisted the funda of the tag!

My soulmate would be somebody I can sing these to:

You are the bearer of unconditional things
You held your breath and the door for me
Thanks for your patience

You’re the best listener that I’ve ever met
You’re my best friend
Best friend with benefits
What took me so long...
(Head over Feet - Alanis)


It's always been a mystery to me
How two hearts can come together
And love can last forever
But now that I have found you, I believe
That a miracle has come
When God sends the perfect one
Now gone are all my questions about why
And I've never been so sure of anything in my life

I wonder what God was thinking
When He created you
I wonder if He knew everything I would need
Because He made all my dreams come true
When God made you
He must have been thinking about me...
(When God made you - Newsong)

You see everything, you see every part
You see all my light and you love my dark
You dig everything of which I'm ashamed
There's not anything to which you can’t relate
And you’re still here ...
(Everything - Alanis)

Come away with me on a bus
Come away where they can't tempt us
With their lies

I want to walk with you
On a cloudy day
In fields where the yellow grass grows knee-high...
(Come away with me - Norah Jones)

Darling did you know I dream about life together
Knowing it will be forever
I'll be yours and you'll be mine
And darling when I say
Till death do us part
I'll mean it with all of my heart
Now and always faithful to you...
(Wait for me - Rebecca St. James)


And of course, I wouldn't mind being serenaded either.

20 Responses to “Soulmate tag, Angel style”

  1. # Blogger Shrutz

    ahh!! You STILL have the convo! Me WANT! ;)
    It's still millions!  

  2. # Blogger Jax

    Will the 'closet' romantic, please stand up!!;)  

  3. # Blogger Angel

    @shrutz: *sigh* I know hon...
    and I've sent you the convo.

    @Jax: can I have your attention please?

    @Dens: :D :D well I did say 2 posts ago that I can be quite idealistic!  

  4. # Blogger liz

    Get back to books li'l sister.  

  5. # Blogger That Girl

    hugs. he is there out there.. i am living proof of it hon.

    i always thought it was my lot in life to be single...and remain that way...

    God doesnt let us see the entire plan...we just have to do our little part...and the choices that we make...have to be in His plan.. if we make our own... we do get what we want....but...it never really fills our cup...you know..

    so..wait. dnt ever jump into anything because you feel alone...He sees you.. and this is just Him preparing the One for you as i type this... just as much as He is preparing you.  

  6. # Anonymous Anonymous

    well i liked that kissin frog part of the convo! btw nice blog :d  

  7. # Blogger Angel

    @Roy: Welcome!

    @Liz: :D

    @Grrl: As I said, thank you!! :) >:D<

    @fonzter: Thanks!  

  8. # Blogger Jax

    Next change plizz  

  9. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Being a frivolous poet, all I can say is that after reading your poetry, poetry as a parameter and you must be high on your soulmate's list(if that person is quizzed on soulmate)  

  10. # Blogger Div

    You girls sure have made up ur choices :) best of luck!  

  11. # Anonymous Anonymous

    For a more cynical approah, there isn't a one to begin with.
    Perfection is relative and it changes as the person looking at it changes(now don't tell me you haven't changed with time).
    So what might be perfect now might not be at a later point in life, hence removing entirely the concept of "the one."
    So don't wory, there are plenty of fish/frogs in the sea/pond. One of the Prince Charmings will come along and satisfy all of your current criterion.  

  12. # Blogger Angel

    @Jax: swalpa adjust maadi! ;)

    @Dens: right here, my fellow-idealist! >:D<

    @Hiren: I don't write poetry very often. Kindly follow the links to find the lyrics of the songs.

    @Div: thanks, we'll need it :)

    @Aditya: Well said...makes a lotta sense. And Mr PC has NO IDEA what he's in for. :D  

  13. # Anonymous Anonymous

    cho chweet!;)  

  14. # Blogger Ajith Prasad Balakrishnan

    reached here after some random browsing..I should say, u r living in a sort of dream world.. A guy who has these qualities may have even bigger expectations about his soulmate..More ur expectations are, higher the chances of mismatch ..So, keep it at a minimum , but satisfactory level..
    All the best.  

  15. # Blogger Angel

    @Loonz: :D hehe

    @ajith: Daring to dream is something I do unabashedly :D But thanks for the advice. ;)  

  16. # Blogger Angel

    If you think it's good enough, sure!
    I'm honoured! :) Thanks!  

  17. # Blogger Sorabh Raina

    hey
    interesting imaginative stuff

    i found ur blog very nice  

  18. # Anonymous Anonymous

    If a frog is kissed longer than it takes him to croak, chances are he is a prince who wants to stay a frog, and be kissed all the time. :) :)  

  19. # Blogger Unknown

    The lovely reply i was 'bout to write is already written concisely and precisely by Aditya..!

    ..and dream on girl, don't compromise.. Living on your own terms is what you'll never regret, and anyway..
    "..Hope can set you free.."
    - Andy Dufresne (The Shawshank Redemption)

    I like the songs you've chosen.. but what if the fab guy's into hip-hop and/or something other than the rock(?)..!? :D  

  20. # Blogger pilgrim

    errrm cynical??! LOL  

Post a Comment



Profound Gibberish © Angel


People come here?