The price of a tag!!!

I've been tagged by Jax(thanks a LOT, man!). It's that 20 things tag that I've been reading on other people's blogs. I remember feeling all relieved that I hadn't been tagged with it. I mean, I'm the one who thought "7 is a LOT!" when I got tagged with the 7 tag.

Tags are the cyberworld equivalent of Reality T.V, are they not? They're attempts at getting to know the blogger behind the blog, and later the readers realise they were better off NOT knowing the real blogger!! After all, there is such a thing as "a little too much information".

But, I shall stop being the partypooper and join in the festivities!

So here are 20 totally random things about yours truly that you never asked for:

1. One of my favourite childhood recollections involves an act of audacity that I still can't seem to believe I commited. It was the annual day programme in my school, and I think I was in the second standard.
So, here I am sitting in the second last row, and having trouble getting a good view of the stage, so I do what every little kid instinctively does: I stand up on the chair.Stage visible, problem solved. What I don't know is that the last row has the big gang consisting of 12th standard 'bhaiyas', all known for their rowdiness and bellbottomed pants( yeah, they liked to personalise the school uniform). They're quite amused and a little irritated with this little girl blocking their view. So, they all cry in unison "Hey kid, sit down...can't you hear us? SIT DOWN!!"
And there I was, all engrossed in the play or folk dance or whatever it was, and getting a little annoyed with the mean boys and their low voices screaming at me. And then, I do what no kid has ever done before. I turn around, give them a cold look and say "WHY DON'T YOU STAND UP?"
*silence*

True story, people.You heard it here first!
Can you believe it? I still can't.

(For those of you who're scratching your heads, going "you call that BRAVE?", shut your traps and stop ruining my fond memories :) )

2. I once had a Mariah Carey phase. When I was 13, I had memorised most of the songs on the #1s album. Believe me, my rendition of 'one sweet day' is something that American Idol nightmares are made of. I also thought her duet with Brian Mcknight "Whenever you call" was really romantic. I still do.

3. I can't dance. I wouldn't say I have two left feet, and I do enjoy busting a move occasionally (mostly when no-one is watching), but I have to admit that I'm not a natural. In school, I was part of a 'fairy-dance', complete with white flowy gown and magic wand, but that doesn't count.

4. I love to sing, read and think.

5. I like taking online personality tests. (Tickle.com has found a regular visitor in me!)

6. Till I was about 14 or 15, I would pride myself over the fact that I'm not the sentimental idiot who cries while watching movies. And then I saw 'A river runs through it' in which Brad Pitt dies. And then it happened folks, Angel shed a tear!! It took Brad Pitt's death to get ME to cry. Then of course, there's Jerry Maguire and the whole "you complete me" scene which always manages to get me.
So yeah, now I am one of those sentimental idiots. But I mean, not every movie...only if...well, not exactly....what the heck, you're already laughing your head off.

7. I slapped a boy when I was in class 6. (And I did feel sorry about it later...but it still is a fond memory!)

8. I once took part in a T.V contest, and won a 'Star Plus' umbrella, keychain and cap. Yes, each thing had 'Star Plus' written all over it.

9. I am very curious by nature and like to google almost everything.

10. I love masala dosa, vada and strong coffee that one can only get in those south Indian fast food restaurants.

11. I am a foodie.

12. I enjoy animated movies, romantic comedies, as well as fantasy and adventure movies. I'm not really a fan of horror and action movies. I don't like sad endings, and I hate when people walk away from a theater while the credits roll...I find it disrespectful. Besides, those bloopers are fun to watch.

13. I can sometimes be annoyingly idealistic.

14. I once e-mailed a radio show requesting for a song, and they did play it. I screamed when I heard my name and later cringed when the R.J read out the long list of friends that I had dedicated the song to. To my relief, not many people I know had tuned in that day.

15. I am a closet romantic (and by saying that, I have negated the first part of that term). This means I utter my share of awwws, and secretly love movies like 'Ever-after' and 'Beauty and the beast'. But if you mention this the next time you talk to me, I'll probably laugh it off...hence the term 'closet'.

16. Once when I was about 15, while playing the recorder for 'Away in a Manger' during a christmas programme, I suddenly got nervous, and stopped abruptly. The crowd went silent, I heard gasps, and I wanted to crawl under a chair and die. Then I heard a calm voice from behind me, saying "Start again".I did. I still have no idea who it was ( A fellow-angel, perhaps? Although logic tells me it was someone from the choir). But somehow, it was a profound and special moment for me.

17. I have rapped twice, publicly...once for a large audience, and once for a smaller one. In my defence, I was young and impressionable and I won't do it again.

18. I have two older sisters, and I totally love doing midnight girltalk with them!!

19. I have really straight hair, and although I do like my hair, I think straight hair can get boring. Curly-haired folks seem more effervescent...but that doesn't mean I'm gonna perm my hair!

20. I am not too fond of tags. They make me talk, and worse, confess! I can't believe I got to #20.

Phew!

This tag is passed on to:

1) Doctor Pissed (THAT'S gotta piss you off)
2) Sahil (what was that you were saying about tags being revealing?)
3) Savitha (Let it all out!)
4)Lizzypooh

P.S : Shrutz, I'm on it...!

7 Responses to “The price of a tag!!!”

  1. # Blogger Kumari

    Interesting :)
    #3 struck home. I was part of many fairy dances ins chool. Except that since I am not fair, they always put me behind the pretty girls :(

    My 20 list is more character oriented than events. Damn i should have waited till you got yours out. Would have been inspired to spill more quirkiness :)  

  2. # Blogger DJK

    5. I like taking online personality tests. (Tickle.com has found a regular visitor in me!)
    Me Too!

    7. I slapped a boy when I was in class 6. (And I did feel sorry about it later...but it still is a fond memory!)

    Hey Me Too! Except it was a girl in 11th grade

    12. I enjoy animated movies, romantic comedies, as well as fantasy and adventure movies. I'm not really a fan of horror and action movies. I don't like sad endings, and I hate when people walk away from a theater while the credits roll...I find it disrespectful. Besides, those bloopers are fun to watch.
    *Gasp!!* Meeeeee Tooooo  

  3. # Blogger Jax

    :))))))  

  4. # Blogger Dr. Pissed

    noooooooo!!!
    But atleast i got to meet you. Teehee. I am so appy.  

  5. # Blogger Deepak

    hey me too Tickle junkie :-D  

  6. # Blogger Angel

    @Kumari: I know...waaat colour discrimination, I sayyyyy *shakes head*

    And go on, spill quirkiness, don't need a tag to do that, do ya ;)

    @DJK: Me toooooooo :D :D

    @Jax: Poda!

    @Doc: Ohh yes, and how blessed you are!

    @Deppe: Yay for Tickle!!(100% of all tickle junkies have said the same thing! ;) )  

  7. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Tag me Tag me. Fun hehe

    http://www.eka-ami.blogspot.com  

Post a Comment



Profound Gibberish © Angel


People come here?