After a while, here's what happened:
me: how many frogs will need to be kissed before THAT guy shows up!
shrutz: *sigh* millions
a little later:
shrutz: funny thing is, the guy who might satisfy all this will be looking for
shrutz: tall beautiful fair convent educated HOMELY girl
So, there you have it, people. Two cynical, single girls doing the standard 'the one' talk.
But of course, at the end of that conversation we agreed that no-one can be judged as a worthy or unworthy companion on the basis of a checklist.
Which is why I kind of twisted the funda of the tag!
My soulmate would be somebody I can sing these to:
You are the bearer of unconditional things
You held your breath and the door for me
Thanks for your patience
You’re the best listener that I’ve ever met
You’re my best friend
Best friend with benefits
What took me so long...
(Head over Feet - Alanis)
It's always been a mystery to me
How two hearts can come together
And love can last forever
But now that I have found you, I believe
That a miracle has come
When God sends the perfect one
Now gone are all my questions about why
And I've never been so sure of anything in my life
I wonder what God was thinking
When He created you
I wonder if He knew everything I would need
Because He made all my dreams come true
When God made you
He must have been thinking about me...
(When God made you - Newsong)
You see everything, you see every part
You see all my light and you love my dark
You dig everything of which I'm ashamed
There's not anything to which you can’t relate
And you’re still here ...
(Everything - Alanis)
Come away with me on a bus
Come away where they can't tempt us
With their lies
I want to walk with you
On a cloudy day
In fields where the yellow grass grows knee-high...
(Come away with me - Norah Jones)
Darling did you know I dream about life together
Knowing it will be forever
I'll be yours and you'll be mine
And darling when I say
Till death do us part
I'll mean it with all of my heart
Now and always faithful to you...
(Wait for me - Rebecca St. James)
And of course, I wouldn't mind being serenaded either.
Total volume of music on my computer: About 8 GB
Title & Artist that I last bought/borrowed : 'This Generation' by Sonic Flood.
Song I am playing right now : "Hey Jude" by The Beatles
Five+ Songs that I like/have been hooked onto:
Audio Adrenaline - "Ocean Floor"
The Archies - "Sugar, Sugar"
Dave Mathews Band - "Everyday"
Jamie Cullum - "All at sea"
Jennifer Knapp - "A Little More"
Mariah Carey & Westlife - "Against all odds"
The Fugees - "Killing me softly"
Joss Stone - "Fell in love with a boy"
Bruce Springsteen - "Secret Garden"
Oasis - "Champagne Supernova"
B.B King feat. Sheryl Crow - "Need your love so bad"
U2 - "The sweetest thing"
Jars of Clay - "Unforgetful You"
Switchfoot - "Meant to live" and "Let that be enough"
Lifehouse - "Hanging by a moment"
John Mayer - "Daughters" and "Why Georgia"
Norah Jones - "Nightingale" and "Humble me"
Sixpence none the richer - "Kiss me"
Alicia Keys - "If I ain't got you"
I pass on this tag to those who feel like doing it.
Tags are the cyberworld equivalent of Reality T.V, are they not? They're attempts at getting to know the blogger behind the blog, and later the readers realise they were better off NOT knowing the real blogger!! After all, there is such a thing as "a little too much information".
But, I shall stop being the partypooper and join in the festivities!
So here are 20 totally random things about yours truly that you never asked for:
1. One of my favourite childhood recollections involves an act of audacity that I still can't seem to believe I commited. It was the annual day programme in my school, and I think I was in the second standard.
So, here I am sitting in the second last row, and having trouble getting a good view of the stage, so I do what every little kid instinctively does: I stand up on the chair.Stage visible, problem solved. What I don't know is that the last row has the big gang consisting of 12th standard 'bhaiyas', all known for their rowdiness and bellbottomed pants( yeah, they liked to personalise the school uniform). They're quite amused and a little irritated with this little girl blocking their view. So, they all cry in unison "Hey kid, sit down...can't you hear us? SIT DOWN!!"
And there I was, all engrossed in the play or folk dance or whatever it was, and getting a little annoyed with the mean boys and their low voices screaming at me. And then, I do what no kid has ever done before. I turn around, give them a cold look and say "WHY DON'T YOU STAND UP?"
True story, people.You heard it here first!
Can you believe it? I still can't.
(For those of you who're scratching your heads, going "you call that BRAVE?", shut your traps and stop ruining my fond memories :) )
2. I once had a Mariah Carey phase. When I was 13, I had memorised most of the songs on the #1s album. Believe me, my rendition of 'one sweet day' is something that American Idol nightmares are made of. I also thought her duet with Brian Mcknight "Whenever you call" was really romantic. I still do.
3. I can't dance. I wouldn't say I have two left feet, and I do enjoy busting a move occasionally (mostly when no-one is watching), but I have to admit that I'm not a natural. In school, I was part of a 'fairy-dance', complete with white flowy gown and magic wand, but that doesn't count.
4. I love to sing, read and think.
5. I like taking online personality tests. (Tickle.com has found a regular visitor in me!)
6. Till I was about 14 or 15, I would pride myself over the fact that I'm not the sentimental idiot who cries while watching movies. And then I saw 'A river runs through it' in which Brad Pitt dies. And then it happened folks, Angel shed a tear!! It took Brad Pitt's death to get ME to cry. Then of course, there's Jerry Maguire and the whole "you complete me" scene which always manages to get me.
So yeah, now I am one of those sentimental idiots. But I mean, not every movie...only if...well, not exactly....what the heck, you're already laughing your head off.
7. I slapped a boy when I was in class 6. (And I did feel sorry about it later...but it still is a fond memory!)
8. I once took part in a T.V contest, and won a 'Star Plus' umbrella, keychain and cap. Yes, each thing had 'Star Plus' written all over it.
9. I am very curious by nature and like to google almost everything.
10. I love masala dosa, vada and strong coffee that one can only get in those south Indian fast food restaurants.
11. I am a foodie.
12. I enjoy animated movies, romantic comedies, as well as fantasy and adventure movies. I'm not really a fan of horror and action movies. I don't like sad endings, and I hate when people walk away from a theater while the credits roll...I find it disrespectful. Besides, those bloopers are fun to watch.
13. I can sometimes be annoyingly idealistic.
14. I once e-mailed a radio show requesting for a song, and they did play it. I screamed when I heard my name and later cringed when the R.J read out the long list of friends that I had dedicated the song to. To my relief, not many people I know had tuned in that day.
15. I am a closet romantic (and by saying that, I have negated the first part of that term). This means I utter my share of awwws, and secretly love movies like 'Ever-after' and 'Beauty and the beast'. But if you mention this the next time you talk to me, I'll probably laugh it off...hence the term 'closet'.
16. Once when I was about 15, while playing the recorder for 'Away in a Manger' during a christmas programme, I suddenly got nervous, and stopped abruptly. The crowd went silent, I heard gasps, and I wanted to crawl under a chair and die. Then I heard a calm voice from behind me, saying "Start again".I did. I still have no idea who it was ( A fellow-angel, perhaps? Although logic tells me it was someone from the choir). But somehow, it was a profound and special moment for me.
17. I have rapped twice, publicly...once for a large audience, and once for a smaller one. In my defence, I was young and impressionable and I won't do it again.
18. I have two older sisters, and I totally love doing midnight girltalk with them!!
19. I have really straight hair, and although I do like my hair, I think straight hair can get boring. Curly-haired folks seem more effervescent...but that doesn't mean I'm gonna perm my hair!
20. I am not too fond of tags. They make me talk, and worse, confess! I can't believe I got to #20.
This tag is passed on to:
1) Doctor Pissed (THAT'S gotta piss you off)
2) Sahil (what was that you were saying about tags being revealing?)
3) Savitha (Let it all out!)
P.S : Shrutz, I'm on it...!